Tuesday 7 December 2010

Feeling better when you already feel good

There are some days that don’t seem like they can get any better. You are thoroughly enjoying your company. You reflect on your day and you feel damn good. You have great conversation and it is meaningful. And then, things get better… Is that normal? Does that ever really happen? Well I can attest to this.

All signs reading “go”, all lights turned green and energy is flowing positively when I make an effort to connect with an elderly woman that was sitting next to me on a flight back to Santa Barbara. I overheard when she told another woman that she was from Mexico. I thought this would be a more than appropriate topic to connect on and surely it was. This woman resulted in having the most of uplifting spirits and in more than one way did she reiterate the need to look at things positively.

We shared various stories related to travel, politics, family and the like, all of which resulted in my reassurance that having a positive outlook on things is truly rewarding. This woman who was in her 80’s and potentially even a relative (as her name was Isabel Moreno) provided me with reinforcement for true and authentic carpe diem, all in the context of great conversation.

Isabel bid farewell to both of us who were sitting next to her and mentioned that taking this opportunity to have a short lived relationship was a great blessing to her. I agreed.

In the recent past, I have come across individuals and moments that have initiated a thought process of holistic assessment of things and in a way allowed for me to “set a precedent” to keep a positive outlook. I have not read my horoscope lately, but I feel like the cosmos are in a particular formation causing for Pisces to have plentiful reflection and opportunity to keep a positive outlook on situations. I welcome more of this, whatever it is that is happening right now.

No comments: