Wednesday 17 February 2010

How to change the world....

Well this is the answer that is sought out by many. And I am no one to think I have the answer, I am looking for it myself. And what can one person do, right? Well, baby steps people. Large systematic change starts with one step forward, apparently. But what if you have a hard time taking that step forward for whatever reason? How do you work it out then?

In the last few years of my life I have struggled to define my purpose and know that it has to do something with creating change for the world. A lot of my heart lies with those that are at the bottom of the so-called pyramid. This aligned with my passions: travel, knowledge, food and bringing people together, have recently made me rethink what my next step will be. What does my life mean to this point and what would be most ideal as the next step.

I am 27 in a few days and when I was a kid, I thought that by this age I would have so much more accomplished. Times change. I change. So now I must bridge the 2 back together. This can be resolved with a little reflection, honesty with myself and a few glasses of wine...

Until next time.

No comments: