Thursday 19 April 2012

Fill in Your Shoes

You go to a store to get a new pair of shoes. This particular brand if shoe has their sizing off a bit so you ask for the next size up. Whereas every pair of shoes you own has always been the size you are used to and comfortable with, you take that risk and allow yourself the comfort of a fitted shoe with this new brand and it looks damn good. SOLD!

In the same way, why do so many of us go day in and day out feeling discomfort with letting our true selves and entire souls fill our own skin? I for one am guilty and know that many times it has been the social pressures to act a particular way or be a certain person that deep down inside doesn't "fit" right. If we were seen walking with shoes that were size 14 by we really wore 8.... Someone might say something- or we would plainly just not wear them. When I was a kid I would stuff socks into the front of my dads shoes so I can wear them and feel like an adult and bigger than I am- but I was a kid.

In the last few years I have made a consorted effort to fill my skin with my entire soul and true self. Although I'm not fully there, I have come a long way. BUT- it feels good to be authentic. If even for the self gratification of knowing that Im showing my true colors and if someone or something has a problem with that- oh well.... It's what I've got to offer. I have found that I am able to act this way more so when I am traveling and out of my own normal bubble. Now it's time to make it regular practice.

Make an effort, fill your shoes, fill your skin, let it be true. It feels much better at the end of the day.

No comments: